Monday, October 8, 2012

My Sister Samantha!

I remember when my sister was born it was on October 10th 1987! & what a day that was, but lets start from the beginning before she was born, we will just roll with the 12 months... I remember my mom was pregnant, I think for about a month or two before my mother miscarried & I remember my father at the time came into my room & told me the news about the miscarriage & on how mom will need some space for a few days to heal up, & the family on on both sides were pretty sad.  I didn't quiet understand at the time why something like that would happen but because I was only in the seventh grade I was like well whatever not my problem.. & moved on & went fishing! Then April of 1987 mom & dad announced that they were pregnant again but they learned from the first time not to really tell the family for at least a month into the pregnancy because of the last experience with the consistent hounding from both sides of the family. So the announcement came & I was going to become a big brother to this little person that I had no idea who or what they were going to be, or on how this would effect my life as an only child I had some serious mixed reviews.. But anyway, Mom & dad revealed your name they had a name for a boy which I don't remember but when the name for a girl came about it was just nuts.. Grandpa Veins had a melt down cause he thought that every child now born should be named after who is ever in the bible, & grandpa Nolan thought that it was a witches name.. But our dad held strong & didn't back down from either.. Then you were born early in the morning & our dad that can be that total jackass told the doctors & nurses not to reveal who you were for about 2hrs cause he wanted to to be with mom for that time.. Cause the era that I was born fathers were not allowed to help with the birthing whatsoever, & I'm sure that dad wanted to just be in that soaking moment.. & I can relate when I was with Audrie for the first few seconds of her life & for me to give her her first bath.. Such an amazing moment that is burned in my memory forever.  And who knew because of you, I was in boot camp for my own daughter! But anyway, I became a big brother...  Skipping some stuff to now.. So here it is 2010 you moved in with us after your departure from another company & you wanted to get your life started out side of Yelm.. So Aimee & I were like let her move in! That way she can get things going & slowly go from our place to out their somewhere.. & what a timely time that was, because when I got diagnosed with the tumor, stuff hit the fan! & you really helped us a lot by being our live in nanny! Taking care of Audrie & taking care of our house to even cutting the grass! & you carried some of the weight when Aimee & I had to go to all sorts of clinics, but during this time I felt that our relationship went from brother sister to father daughter relationship.. Because when you got a boyfriend, my heart stopped because by this time I knew that you couldn't be little forever, kinda on how I would like for Audrie to take "stop in time pills" cause I really don't want her to grow up either.. But I know that their will be a day coming when she will be gone, as well with her own family her own life, but to me, she will always be my little girl. & I have to do the same for you. Watching you grow for 25 years has been amazing.. My favorite thing about you is your funny, quirky, strong personality. But yet, your secret compassion for people! All mixed together like a Heinz 57 sauce.. You turned out very beautiful & talented.  I see a queen in you! A queen that has beauty & talent. A queen that is in many ways becoming more & more a well rounded individual! What's interesting, because of our years apart,  I have became a better father because of you! Being able to understand my own daughter & how to guide her through this road of life. I love you Samantha & you are the best sister that a brother could have! Happy 25th birthday!

  Love,
 Your big Brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment